Originally posted October 31, 2023
So you decided to go out for Halloween last minute but don’t have a costume! DON’T WORRY, gamers - e.l.f. Cosmetics and I have got you covered! Check out this easy jack-o-lantern look. All you need is an orange eyeshadow, a black eyeliner and your usual products! Let’s get started:
Begin with your base and brows. Here’s what I use to achieve my daily flawless skin routine:
- Power Grip Primer (#1 primer in North America!)
- Camo CC Cream (great coverage and we love that built in SPF!)
- Hydrating Camo Concealer (buildable and light!)
- Halo Glow Setting Powder (for that satin sheen!)
- Instant Lift Brow Pencil (makes framing the face easy and quick!)
Now, to add the orange pumpkin curves grab your favourite matte orange eyeshadow. I’d recommend one of these palettes:
- Bite-Size Eyeshadow in Pumpkin Pie (first shade)
- Perfect 10 Eyeshadow Palette in Rose Gold Sunset (fourth shade)
- 18 Hit Wonders Eyeshadow Palette (in the shade Heat)
With a flat, dense eyeshadow brush, drag the orange down along your face in curves with the lines starting and ending closer to the middle of the face and bowing outward, like the shape of a pumpkin! I recommend three lines: one toward the front of the brow, one toward the back of the brow, and one from the temple to the back of the jaw.
Next, add depth with a dark brown eyeshadow on an angled brush along the edges of these pumpkin curves.
Take a break and turn your attention to the eyes! To imitate the vibe of carved out jack-o-lantern eyes, grab your favourite blacks and browns and create a smokey look that suits your features.
Using The New Classics Eyeshadow Palette, I like to create a winged, blended eyeshadow look with the following steps:
- Carve out the inner and outer corner with the shade Earth.
- Noir along the upper and lower lashlines.
- Rose Gold in the center of the lid to imitate candlelight!
- Truffle to blend out the crease edge and lower lashline.
To finish the eyes, grab your trusty H20 Proof Liquid Eyeliner Pen and add drama with a thick winged liner. Wing the inner corner too, if you’re feeling fiery! I also drew on some additional “eyelashes” on the outer corner of my lower lashline and added a tiny bit of depth to the pumpkin curve lines nearest to my brows and eyes.
To wrap the look, imitate a carved jack-o-lantern mouth with black lips! I recommend e.l.f.’s O Face Lipstick in All Night for a high quality black lipstick, BUT in a pinch you can use the liquid eyeliner again to do a waterproof black lip! Just be sure to keep whichever product you use on you for touch-ups when you step out. Dramatic lip colours need upkeep!
Set the costume makeup with the Stay All Night Micro-Fine Setting Mist to ensure your pumpkin spice stays nice for the entire evening!
And voila! Congratulations on your metamorphosis into pumpkin royalty. I recommend pairing this makeup with an all black outfit:
- a black turtleneck with your favourite black pants
- a black dress with fishnets, gothic boots and accessories
- that old Ghost Face robe you have from Halloween 10 years ago
Share your last minute costume ideas below! We can save gamer’s Halloweens everywhere, together.
Stay safe and have fun! Happy Halloween!